Thursday, October 04, 2007

Yet another problem

We started talking about the wedding and stuff. We shouldn't have because soon we found a first problem: should we pay for the transportation of the guests to wherever we will get married. I know that it's not done in the US but in my family that is the custom (usually it's about 20km, not thousand). Of course we did not reach any conclusion but I decided I have to call my mum and ask her. The result of the conversation was that she told me that if we get married anywhere abroad my family would not come (except for the 3 of them). Now I'm upset. It's going to be even more difficult than I expected!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am definitely with your mom (and probably with Rob). If somebody wants to be with you on wedding then he/she should be ready to travel and spend some money for this occasion. It sounds to me like blackmailing ... you do not pay for travel so we are not coming.
Maybe I have a solution. Tell them (who does not want to travel ... probably because of money reason) that they do not have to give you any gifts so they can save money for traveling.

Truskawka said...

hehe I was thinking about that.

Actually my mom told me that we would have to pay for the travelling and that I have to do the wedding in Poland. And just the fact that she wouldn't even listen to anything, was just like "this is the way it is and you have to listen to me". And my mom is not usually like this. It just made me really annoyed!

Anonymous said...

Try to tell her that for the weddind (and for the marrige) the couple is needed. And two people have two opinions so the solution is somewhere in the middle. She should understand it, she is married for few years ...
Maybe she should look at the position from Robs family point. For them it is much more complicated and expensive to travel to Europe.