Monday, November 13, 2006

Happy birthday to me

I'm better now, better than yesterday. Although it's Monday. I was in this stupid mood yesterday when I cry without any reason and everything sets me off. Prince is walking patience. I wouldn't stand it myslef, if I were him.
Last week was quite nice. We went out on Monday with Andrea and Jirka (IT guy - Price was pretending he's jelous of him). We kind of celebrated my birthday which was on Tuesday but Prince works until 9 p.m. on Tuesdays so we couln't really do anything. So it was nice evening, I got a Pilgrim ring (very very cute, with blue flowers). Andrea knew I love Pilgrim but cannot afford it (it's Dannish company, they have really cute jewellery). On Tuesday I got present from Prince: beautiful necklace. I will take a picture of it and post it. It's cooper with 3 little flowers, handmade. It's really beutiful. And then on Wednesday I got 2 cards at work.
It was strange birthday because I didn't really celebrate. I mean there was no party or anything, but I didn't mind. It was just different. And I'm old: quarter of a century! Well, it didn't change anything: the big step for ma was to finish studies, start work and be 100% responsibile for myself.
Oh, I have a story. Few weeks ago I received an email that during my company's "all-hands meeting" I was announced as one of the Spotlight Award Winner's. The strangest thing was that I have no idea what is the Spotlight Award! I thought it was some kind of lotery (during similar meeting in Prague somebody won mp3 player, somebody else gym membership). So I was waiting and waiting and finally on Friday I got the letter. I was shocked! Letter signed by the biggest boss of my company, with quotes from cllients how great I am, in leather cover! But that's not all. In the letter I found small gold envelope with American Express cheques for.... 250$!!!!! It was a good end of a week :)

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That is so awesome Marta! Congratulations. :) And happy birthday, as well. I hope 25 is a wonderful year for you.

Anonymous said...

What the (s)peachy lady said. :)