Friday, June 30, 2006

What a wonderful day :)

Today I have a story - about that people can be really nice. And days like today make me think that it's not truth that people are bad and will never help. OK, no more introduction, that's the story:

Yesterday we had a company party which I went to after some troubles with making decision and my co-workers convincing me to go. It was fun, free food and free drinks, really nice people. We talked a lot - in English, Czech, Polish and French, we played foozball, we sat at the beach and we had a boat trip...it was great!!! As I mentioned, the drinks were free, so we all got drunk a bit. And it started raining, I was in sandals, they were wet and very slippery. I felt from the stairs on the boat (I know, I'm really ashamed - company party). And because my bag doesn't have a zipper, my wallet felt out. Of course I noticed it today in the morning, getting ready to leave to work. I called the boat and they said they have the wallet and I should pick it up when I want to. And then I realized how much money I had in there - 3 500Kc, which is around 150$!!! And when I got the wallet, everything was there! My credit cards, tram/metro pass for 3 months, all the money!

I was really amazed! Now anyone who will visit me here will have to take the boat trip with them. That will be my thank you. Or, the other option is sending some chocolates. I need to figure it out.

OK, have to run, Maysia is here and I'm meeting her in 5 minutes. I'm so happy!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, maybe the person who found your waller was just lazy ... or did not have enough time. Better do not believe that people are good, not in the Czech Republic. Did you forget that Rob´s father "lost" his pocket?

Truskawka said...

Ty i ten Twoj wieczny optymizm....

Lims said...

Rzeczywiscie, Bolek. Lepiej nie wierzyc w ludzi :) LOL