Thursday, June 15, 2006

"(Almost) In-laws" in Prague

I have a slow day at work - there is a national holiday in Poland today so nobody is in the office, so I don't have to much to do. So I have time to write about the last week and weekend.
As you know, Prince's parents visited us. They came on Monday afternoon. I was so stressed the whole day - I couldn't concentrate on work, on my way to the train station I was shaking, terrible. But it was totally stupid and unnecessary - they are very nice people. We went for a dinner to our local on Monday, or maybe it was Tuesday... So we went somewhere else on Monday. I was working the whole week except for Friday so I joined them only for dinners. Unfortunately, Rob's Dad lost his wallet - it was stolen on tram. It was very unpleasant situation. We wanted to show them how beautiful and wonderful Prague is, but something like this destroys everything. Fortunately, he blocked all his credit cards fast enough and he didn't have too much cash.
On Friday we went to Josefov, Jewish quarter and then to Vysehrad (which I love, as you may already know). We ate in a dirty place, which was fun as usual. Oh, and on Wednesday we had dinner with Courtney and Adrian in the Budwar pub.
The best was the weekend. On Saturday morning we got a car and drove south to Cesky Krumlov with one stop in a lovely castle on a lake, Cervena Lhota or something like that. We arrived to Cesky Krumlov in the afternoon. It's wonderful place! We will definitely go back there. It's beautiful and old and small and it has great atmosphere. We went to the castle there and gardens and wondered around the town. On Saturday we went to Hluboka which is a castle near by (you know Prince; he wouldn't do anything except visiting castles if he could). Hluboka is said to be the most beautiful castle in South Bohemia and I definitely agree - it looks like from fairy tale. In the afternoon we went back to Cesky Krumlov, ate in Medivial place recommended by Ade, which was fun and delicious. And on Monday we drove back, stopping in Ceske Budejovice with great square, almost as big as the one in Krakow.

Weekend was great! And Rob's parents were very very nice. I enjoyed it very much and hopefully I'll figure out the way to visit them in the U.S.

As soon as Prince will download pictures, I'll post some of them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pictures! Pictures! We want pictures!

(Okay, I can only speak for myself, but I believe others would care to see pictures too.)

Pictures! Pictures! We want pictures!

Anonymous said...

We can only wish :(