Monday, July 04, 2005

Fun time!

Yesterday I finally did something else besides studying the whole days. Just after classes I went to Vysehrad. And I'm in love with it! It's amazingly beautiful.
It used to be a castle (Vysehrad means castle on the hill), build earlier than Prague Castle, was also the capital of Bohemia and Poland (!) during the period when the Premyslides were rullers of Poland, 1291-1306. (Actually it the capital of Poland was Kraków at that time, but Vysehrad was the seat of the royal family.) Oh, I'm looking at the dates and something is wrong - in 1140 the capital was moved to Prague Castle, so...maybe it wasn't the capital of Poland. It doesn't matter, it is beautiful! I'm going to spend there a lot oftime, especially that it's on my the way home. Unfortunatelly, Prince couldn't be with me. And I'm sure he'd love it as he loves all old castles :)
And now I'm doing my homeworks....

No comments: