Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Frustrating job and relaxing 4days weekend

There is so much going on that I don't really have time to post. Work is busy, but it's nice. Except for some incidents. Yesterday I thought I will kill some Americans; we agree to split work based on the regions: we will handle Europe and some specific Asian countries and they - the rest of the world. Seemed great! Except that there was some work to be done for Israel and apparently they thought it's in Europe! Learn some geography, people! US is really not the only country in the world!
So this was one thing. And the other was even worse because I had to explain myself and I looked like an idiot. I won't go into details, it's not worth it, but the reason was the same: not taking into considerations differences between regions. America is really not the center of the world! Regardless of what most Americans think.
So that's that. Quick update on my work. I would love to move on and find something else now, but it doesn't really make sense if we want to move to Scotland. This is apparently another problem...

Prince was all about moving to Scotland before we went there for the holidays. Now, he is finding many many reasons why it will not work out, all the problems that we will have - up to moving our stuff. In my opinion, we should not worry about actual moving right now, but look for a job / studies, find out how big chances of getting a good job do we have and so on... Then we can figure out how to move all of this crap that we collected and how to find apartment and so on.... So I'm a bit frustrated with this as well.

At lease I started to run again, which helps me to get rid of all bad emotions. Spots is really good for mental health.

Now, let's move to the nice and happy aspects of my recent life.

Last week we had two days national holidays Thursday and Friday, so we planned a trip to Czech Paradise with hiking and camping. Actually it was Prince who planned it all. The plan was great, but a little bit too intense. First day, on Thursday morning we took a bus to Mlada Skala. As soon we get of the bus it started puring rain. So we waited for some time till it got better, went to the campsite, got totally wet. And then it stopped, so we put up our tent and went hiking. It rained again during the day, but there were times with sun. So went hiking, we got to the best castle ever Vranov - Pantheon. The castle was carved in the rock, it's really amazing to imagine people living there in XV th century! After that we hiked to Frýdštejn, another castle on and in the rock. From there we went to Drábovna that supposedly had ruins but really, there were only rocks, on which a wooden castle used to stand. It was still really cool. We walked trough Besedické skály, a wonderful rock formations and rock cities. I will try to post some pics soon so that you can see how wonderful it was.
The only problem was that Prince started having problems with his knee in the middle of our hike. It was quite bad. But we hiked the way we planned, although I hoped we could go to the other side of Mlada Skala in the afternoon. We came to town, had some dinner and went to sleep very early. We hoped to get up at 6 but we slept quite late. I slept very well, which was surprising, because usually I cannot get comfortable on the sleeping pad. Ad Prince had problems during the night so he finally got some sleep in the morning. And we left much later we planned - around 9. We went to Zbirohy, another ruined castle that was build on three rocks. On the way back we couldn't decide what to do and if we should stay or go back to Prague. The main reason for going back was Prince's knee but an uncomfortable night played an important role in his attitude. So we decided to hike a little bit more to another part of Besedické skály. I wish we made our decisions quicker and not second guess them over and over again. This way we could have take a longer but easy hike around Suche Skaly. Well, at least I saw them from the tow. But we have serious problems with making decisions together. Yet another issue of our relationship....
So we went back to Prague, we got home around 4 or 5. I cannot say that we didn't spend a nice two day is Prague. We went for a very nice dinner on Friday (this time Prince didn't even complain that I do not talk, we had a very good conversation). On Saturday I went running, we gamed and in the afternoon we went to have dinner with some friends. They were planning to go to a blues pub for some concert, but we decided to go home. We planned to go back to Cesky Raj the next day - to the castle Kost. So we missed what seemed a very interesting event and the next morning we did not get up :))) We are so lazy.... But we had to get up really early to catch the bus, and we were tired and so on... OK, I'm rationalizing it. In the end we spend most Sunday separately - Prince was working on the game and I went running and them to Vysehrad (I had a nice walk and I spend some time there reading; it was quite nice). We gamed a little bit in the afternoon, that was cool.

So that's our "great" weekend! We thought we are tough and can camp and hike in the rain and so on...but we're not :) I have to admit this. Still, it was a fun weekend and except for two tiny things (hiking longer on Friday and going somewhere on Sunday), I wouldn't change anything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Problems with mowing your laguages? ... come on, it is only question of money for moving company