Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Music music music

And again you all had to wait a very long time for the next update (it sound like there are hundreds of people reading it, hehe - it doesn't matter how many of you read it, I know about at least 2 people so it's cool). This time, I just wasn't in the mood for writing. I couldn't force me to answer email either. Brak natchnienia (I apologize English speakers - some thing sounds better in Polish. Ok, I admit - I don't know how to say it in English.) So.... what we were doing? Last week was quite nice: we went to a new noodle place on Wednesday. I had a Long Island Ice Tea for the first time in my life. It's not that there wasn't an opportunity before, I'm just usually more traditional in regards to drinks or I don't have too much money. And I live in the land of beer! So we had delirious phad thai. Thursday is pub night which we actually joined this time. And I convinced Courtney to come. We met a lot of people we haven't seen for ages ('cause we never go there), had some good talks and came back home a bit drunk. It was a nice evening. But weekend was the best: the Love Planet music festival. We saw Ministry, Franz Ferdinand and Body Count feat. Ice T. A lot of great music, nice atmosphere and lots of jumping. I was especially surprised with BodyCount. I've never heard their music before, just on Saturday Prince played some songs for me but I didn't really like them. But live....WOOOW! They were great!!!
After the concert on Saturday we went to play darts. I enjoyed it for the first time really because we were playing different game: the aim was to get exactly 301 points but if you get exactly the same amount of points as somebody else, the other person looses his / her points. So one don't have to be all that good at it to have fun. And I suck at darts.
But I almost foregot about the most important news: I have the ticket to the US!!! And the hotel booked. So I'm set up to go. I just need money, a lot of money. The plan is to go shopping there (I already asked a girl from the Pittsburgh office, she will be my guide). And on Monday we're going to the baseball game! Truly American experience. That's what I count for.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought that real american experience is "eating in McDonald" :)

Truskawka said...

But in McDonald you can eat all over the world and I haven't seen any baseball games in Europe

Anonymous said...

In the Czech Republic we have ouw own baseball league and our players almost qualified to the Olympic games.

Truskawka said...

Baseball is not an Olympic sport. And I'm quite sure there is no baseball league in the CR. Probably one of us mixed "balls". It's the one with a big stick (it's called a bat hehe R. educated me)and running in a big circles. You don't have it here... I know that CR is great, but you don't have everything here :)