Thursday, July 14, 2005

Time to say goodbye

Uff, it's been a hard time for me. Last ...week or so. Last Thursday I wasnted to quit the program, then on Friday I've changed my mind. It was very emotional decision and made very fast. So easy to change. Weekend was very nice - parties mainly (well, it was actually one party on Saturday) and meeting people, talking. Until Sunday when I've started to do my homeworks. And it just wasn't working at all. I couldn't force me to do math, to concentrate on those numbers. Numbers and numbers and numbers. And the same in microeconomics and macroeconomics. So finally, on Monday I've made decision: I quit. And I did. It is not a program for me. It's all math and not much more. And it's silly forme to explain people's behaviour by numbers! I don't want to stuck here for4 years. At least this decision was well thought out. Not made under the pressure of emotions as the last one, when I was crying the whole day.
But! I'm not leaving Prague! At least I hope. I'm trying to find a job here. I've started yesterday so I don't know how it will work out, but no harm in trying. I've paid for dormitory for the whole month, I have plane tickets to Sweden from and to Prague. And I have here good conditions to write my thesis, which is now terrible! I should definetely work harder on it. Now I at least have time for that, however sending c.v.s and cover letters takes me really a lot of time. It's hard work looking for a job!
So keep your fingers crossed!

No comments: