Friday, June 24, 2005

Strawberry and Prague

I was asked to translate the post in Polish into English, however it may be difficult to formulate some sentences in English, but I'll do my best. So here it is, my Prince:
As my first post was in English, I'll write today something in Polsih. Are you happy? You can read about strawberry's adventures in Prague.
I've get here hapilly and all in one piece, but I haven't notice Sudety (mountains on the border between Poland and Czech Republic). Either they become so small or I was so engaged in reading an article about Kwaniewski (our president), who has charmed Poles. Aparently it's sociological term, it sounds very interesting. It's very rare phenomenon, Kennedy is a good example. It's very interesting but maybe not for all of you, so I'll get to the main thought.
When I got to Prague, Liduszka and her Ales has been waiting for me already at the airport. They've driven me to the students house, so I didn't wander arund the city trying to find it. (Dormitory in Czech is kolej, which in Polish means railway:)) And after we got there, we went for a beer. Finally, it's Czech Republic and there are at least 3 pubs very near to the dormitory. And the beer is only 18CzK, which is....2zlote or 4SEK...or a little less than 1$ (0,75$). Unfortunatelly, I won't have much time to visit them, as I have really a lot to study. And tomorrow I have first math classes and I'm terrified. There is going to be a test next week and I didn't even understood the topics: optimalization, matrix algebra, and something more. I think I've made a terribly stupid thing with this economics. Who goes to economics after political science?? Well, I've always had stupid ideas. It's worth trying. I will have nice holidays in Prague. Don't be surprised if you'll see me somewhere in the office for unemployed in the near future. But for now, keep your fingers crossed, maybe I'll be sucessfull. There is nothing that desperated strawberry couldn't do :)

5 comments:

Rob said...

Thanks for the translation, octopus! :)

Truskawka said...

You're welcome :)

Anonymous said...

z polskiego na angielski przełumaczyłaś,a z angielskiego na polski juz sie ne chce?? ;)

Truskawka said...

No w końcu rozumiesz po angielsku. I w ogóle tak to nie bedzie - ja decyduje kiedy i w jakim języku piszę i tyle!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, Prague is the best place for holidays. I also had big fun last year when I was in Prague for holidays. And moreover when you see Prague first time, you are impressed and fall in love with this city. And after you leave, you miss Prague and always want to come back.