Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Sad, sad day

This is a always a hard time of the year for me. First of all, the fall is already in its full, it's dark and grey. Second of all, the All Saints Day is tomorrow and I always think about all the people who left us. Wyborcza always publishes a list of famous people who died in the past year and it makes me sad, that all those great people are not here any more. All the war heroes, who fought for our independence, great actors and writers... This was in my eyes the best generation, the one of my grandparents.
Today is also sad in different respect. Someone left us, my company. Someone I really liked and who was fun. I know it may sound silly especially compared with the above paragraph. But I don't care. I will miss this person. We were not even good friends, that's probably even worse, because if we were, we would probably go out sometimes together. And I doubt we ever see each other. And there are so many people leaving my company... It's just sad. We are loosing good people but the management is not willing to realize it, to think about the reasons and to find a solutions. And they are usually so good with finding mistakes, causes and solutions. Except that they only think about processes and not real people. I don't think I fit in this, I am after all in "the management" (even though I have no power and no possibility to change things). Oh, this corporate world... I hate it.

No comments: